Regional Parenting Service
REGIONAL PARENTING SERVICE
Parenting can be full of ups and downs and parents face numerous challenges as they endeavor to raise happy healthy children.
Parenting can be made easier by:
- Being informed about the characteristics and issues associated with your child’s development
- Having realistic expectations of your child according to their stage of development
- Having the skills to better handle situations and behaviours
- Having access to information and support
The Regional Parenting Service is committed to providing high quality parenting information and support. The Regional Parenting Service aims to:
- promote and enhance parenting and parent education
- identify service gaps
- provide parenting information to families, professionals and other interested community workers
- assist organisations to conduct parenting and parent education activities by providing facilitators and/or financial support
- identify parenting resources and programs available across the region
- develop and support networks between organisations involved with families
- improve links between the community and organisations providing parental support
- conduct programs and workshops for schools, community groups and the general public throughout the Barwon South Western Region.
There are a number of Parenting Books available to be borrowed from the College. For more details on available parenting books, please see the following list.
You can find further information about the Regional Parenting Service, as well as books and parenting resources in the Lavers Hill K-12 College foyer or on the Regional Parenting Service website.
For more information the Regional Parenting Service can be contacted on:
|Phone:||03 5272 4741|
|Website:||Regional Parenting Service|